In this episode, Rachel shares her family’s journey through hurt and loss to starting a discipleship ministry, creating a haven in their home for people needing rest.
Rachel is the mom to three littles (ages 6, almost 4, and 1). She spends days helping her littles, doing laundry, sneaking in some reading whenever she can, listening to podcasts (of course) and seeking Jesus in all those mundane moments.
- 10 Ways To Spot Spiritual Abuse by Mary DeMuth
- The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse by David Johnson and Jeff Van Vonderen
- Known and Loved podcast episode #056
- Red Sea Road by Ellie Holcomb
- The Sparrow Company
- New Hope Uganda (the ministry we worked with on our trip)
- Feathers episode with Renee Law
God just kept encouraging us with those little interactions along the way.
God was showing that we didn’t have to defend ourselves. He was doing it for us in the hearts of our friends.
God impressed in my heart ‘the people in their comfort need Him just as much as the people in their poverty’.
It was a challenge to live in our waiting.
If you enjoyed this episode, please rate and review the episode on iTunes to help spread this message of faith and hope.